Neighbourhood Development Plan Status – March 2014
Survey – October/November 2012 – Key Results
- Detailed results were presented at a public meeting on the 23rd March 2013 and in summary at the annual meeting of the Parish Council on the 13th May 2013.
- The survey was completed by 177 representative households, just over 50% of the total.
- 81% said that housing was needed - 64% for affordable housing and 42% for open market housing.
- The need for housing is high with 45 people looking now and up to 75 more in the next 5 years.
- On transport: more parking at the station; more evening/weekend trains; a regular bus service.
- 42% wanted more action on traffic but 42% didn’t!
- The importance of the School, Nursery and Church were confirmed thereby underlining the need for housing to help provide long term sustainability.
- A demand for more communication channels.
- The need to protect the country environment, character and environment of the village.
What else has been done so far?
- Drafts of 4 key sections of the plan (housing, business, transport and social) have been completed for team discussion and for discussion with Mole Valley District Council (MVDC)
- Potential housing sites are not included at this stage until discussions with landowners have progressed further
- An initial letter has been sent to all landowners to gauge interest – this is now being followed up with more detailed discussions with those interested
- The important ‘sustainability’ section of the plan has also been drafted – this has also been discussed in the team and forwarded to MVDC, Natural England, English Heritage and the Environment Agency for initial feedback
What are the main next steps?
- Agree and complete the draft plan incorporating team and MVDC feedback
- Agree the sustainability section to include feedback from MVDC and the other stakeholders
- Agree land availability options with landowners and test the site options against each other
- Add all conclusions to the plan
- Complete draft plan and submit for consultation with village and key stakeholders
- Amend using agreed feedback
- Issue amended plan to the examiner
- Referendum of the village
- Plan adoption